Great for brunch. Great for a snack. Great.
Adapted from: TheSkinnyFork.com (Granola Cups) and Pheebs Foods (Granola Breakfast Tarts)
Yield: 16-18 tarts
1 ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
6 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes (unsulphured, if desired)
3 Tbsp. ground flax seeds (optional)
¼ cup slivered almonds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup dried fruit of choice
1 Tsp. cinnamon
6 Tbsp. unrefined coconut oil (melted)
¼ cup honey
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
~1 ½ cups yogurt of choice
Toppings (e.g., fresh fruit, chocolate chips, nuts, edible flowers - if feeling fancy)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line cupcake pan with liners.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut flakes, ground flax seeds, slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt. Mix together.
4. In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil (if oil is solid, heat in microwave in 15-second increments or on stove on low until oil becomes a liquid), vanilla, and honey. Mix together until combined.
5. Pour coconut oil mixture into oat mixture and mix until the oats are evenly coated.
6. Distribute mixture between cupcake wells (about 3 Tbsp. per well).
7. Using the back of a spoon, press the mixture into the bottoms and sides of the wells to form a cup shape (if your spoon sticks, try putting a bit of coconut oil on back of spoon).
8. Bake for 12-15 minutes (or until the cups just begin to brown).
9. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
10. Fill with yogurt and top with toppings just before serving.
11. Eat! Some people like to enjoy these in two bites, while others devour in one-and-a-half bites. I recommend using however you eat your sushi and/or Laffy Taffy as a general guideline.