Drew often complained of dry lips when he was in the hospital following surgery, or during chemo. He also hated anything that smelled "perfumy" as it gave him a headache and made him nauseous. So, when thinking about The Drew Box, I wanted to make a lip balm that worked well and didn't have too strong of a taste or smell. I think we came up with a great one and I'm excited to share the recipe with you here!
You will need containers to put your lip balm in. We have tried glass pots, tins, and plastic jars. They all work well and can easily be found online.
- 1 tablespoon clean beeswax (we use locally sourced + hand filtered wax)
- 1 tablespoon organic, extra-virgin coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon organic shea butter
- 2 tablespoons organic sweet almond oil
- 2 drops emu oil (can be substituted for vitamin e oil)
- 2 drops organic lavender oil + 2 drops organic lemon oil
Using a double-boiler, melt beeswax until liquified. In separate pot, melt and mix the coconut oil, shea butter, and sweet almond oil. Stirring gently, combine melted oils with liquid beeswax. Remove from heat and add emu oil and essential oils. Pour into containers of your choice. Let cool before putting on lids.